Relaxed visits provide an enhanced opportunity to support sensory, neurological and physical needs outside of public opening hours.
During 2022 we piloted a range of new activities for community support groups. These included:
- Relaxed visits, combining the benefits of nature, arts and wellbeing with outdoor tours, light touch making activities, and access to the site outside of public opening hours;
- Online talks about Henry Moore’s art and life, in the style of a virtual tour of Henry Moore Studios & Gardens;
- Access to select parts of our collections, which addressed experiences of wartime, marginalised voices, and response to crisis past and present.
For 2023, we invite you to join us for a relaxed visit, which can be tailored to suit the needs of your group.
The visits aim to offer community support groups space to explore the grounds and outdoor artworks in a supported environment, along with a member of staff and a volunteer guide with SEN experience.
Our open green spaces and the tactility of the sculptures provide a variety of opportunities to support sensory, neurological and physical needs.
- Please fill in the contact form below to register your interest in a Relaxed visit.
- We will be in touch to best understand the needs of your group ahead of your visit and to speak through any questions or concerns.
- Visits will take place outside of public opening hours, supported by select members of the team with SEN experience.
- There will be an indoor quiet space available.
- Carers visit for free.
We’re located just 27 miles north of London in the beautiful Hertfordshire countryside.
We have free coach parking on site. Due to the narrow lanes leading to our site, we have a coach length limit of 11 metres.
Book your visit
Advanced booking is essential, to ensure we have spaces and staff available for your visit.
Please note that your booking is not confirmed until our team have contacted you with an available date.
Contact Studios & Gardens Education and Outreach
Henry Moore Studios & Gardens
Experience Henry Moore’s iconic work in the beautiful Hertfordshire countryside with a visit to the artist’s former home, studios and sculpture gardens.
T: 01279 843 333