Volunteer open morning
Volunteer event: Bluebell planting
Studios & Gardens, Hertfordshire
This event has passed
Thank you for your interest. This event has now reached capacity.
For more information about other volunteering opportunities, please see our volunteering page.
We’re looking for gardeners of all ages to help bring colour to our estate next Spring. We would like to repopulate the historic woodland behind The Arch meadow with native English Bluebells. To do this, we’re aiming to plant 5,000 bulbs and we need your help.
Join our gardens team for a one-off volunteering morning on Saturday 25 November, 10:30–12:30. No experience is needed, just your enthusiasm for a couple of hours. You will also be able to spend some time in the gardens after the planting session, and see the last autumn colour before winter sets in.
- We will provide hot drinks and snacks.
- Please wear old warm clothes and waterproof shoes or boots. The grounds will be muddy!
- Please bring your own trowel, gardening gloves and kneeler. We do have some spares, but won’t have enough for everyone.
- Suitable for adults and children aged 5+. Please do bring your family, however children will need to be supervised.
- The café and studios will not be open.
- There will be toilets available.
Do you have an enthusiasm for art and culture, or experience in education? Do you enjoy spending time surrounded by art and nature?
We are looking for enthusiastic people to join our community of volunteers who help us to bring Henry Moore’s home and workplace to life.